Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The 4-and-1 Mani







Yeah, I think I just made that name up- feel free to use it! I really liked the idea of having 4 nails one color, and another nail different. That is, until people started to take it a little too far for my taste. I mean yellow nails with a pink and black ring finger? It doesn't make too much sense to me. I like when the colors tell a "story" and aren't being different for the sake of having one different nail.

I've only done the 4-and-1 once. It was for Halloween, and I wanted a *subtle* nod to the day (esp. since last year's were Frankenstein green). The purple nails are Essie Sexy Divide (a reeeeally shimmery dark purple) and Essie Over the Top (a shimmery, metallic gunmetal). In certain lights, the colors almost looked identical.

I was hesitant about mixing these colors because I'm not usually a fan of dark, vampy colors and because I didn't know if I could pull off the 4-and-1- but this is one of my favorite manis of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment