Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

My Mani Essentials


Jojoba Oil: This is key! My cuticles get SO thick and gross, and my nails get really dry and peel- probably from using polish and harsh remover so often. Jojoba oil helps to resolve both of these issues.

NailTek Foundation II and NailTek II: My "manicurist" (Tanya at the nail salon haha) convinced me to buy these. NailTek Foundation is for "dry, peeling nails". I'm not so sure about that, but it is a nice foundation, and it has made my nails really hard and strong. NailTek II is just in the picture because I didn't want to leave it out. I rarely use it because I have Seche Vite, but it's supposed to be a healthy topcoat. I'll take ultimate shine over health any day!

Seche Vite: The BEST topcoat, ever! It makes my nails look like shiny little candies-- I love the wet look.

Essie Matte About You: If I'm not using super shiny Seche Vite, I use this mattefier (I think this is a nonword) for a cool look.

My nail schedule (up until very recently): Professional manicure every other Monday, and at-home manicures in between. After I gave up nail polish for Lent, I've been getting pro-manis less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment