Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nail Drama

Sorry I haven't been posting. Last Sunday, I was so excited about how healthy my nails looked that I decided to skip the professional manicure for the week (I can't even remember the last time I had a pro mani!). I used China Glaze Peachy Keen, and it was a streaky nightmare :( I loved the color, but the application was a disaster.


I changed my mind about the manicure, and decided I would go and let Tanya use that color so it would look nice. Monday, I went to the salon and she wasn't there! Gasp! She's on vacation until Tuesday. How dare she?!

I kept Peachy Keen on until last night, and now my nails are ... wait for it... NAKED!



I was going to re-polish and gear up for my Experiment (more on that later), but I think I'll wait. I have a lot of work to do around the house so I'd like to do that first instead of destroying a lovely manicure.

Last night, I put jojoba oil on for a few hours, washed my hands and applied Jergens Ultra Healing lotion. My nails and cuticles are still in decent shape today. I also like the idea of letting my nails breathe from time to time.

Okay- that was a lot, but I've been behind in my blogging. Plus, I got super sick the other day and I'm just starting to feel better. I had a fever while I was removing my polish and applying the jojoba oil!

I have lots more to say, but it has to wait until later!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better and eagerly await your next posting. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the better health of my own nails now that I use a base coat religiously.

    ReplyDelete