Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gumdrop Nails

With this mani I decided to bust out the glitter. I don't know why- I guess I've been in a glittery mood. I was playing around with different colors and glitters on my nails before I made my final decision. Here's what it looked like.

Now, of course they look super raggedy, but that's because I didn't do a full-on mani yet.

The pink is Orly Passion Fruit.

I got it a long time ago on sale at Sally's for $2.99. The glitter is Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter (really creative name, right?)
In the bottle, it looks like a pink polish with silver, blue and multi glitter. If you look at the picture of it alone on my nail, you'll see it's sheer.

I did two coats of Orly and one coat of glitter on the left and two coats on the right. I decided to up the glitter factor AFTER I added matte to the left hand. That's why it only has one coat of glitter. Here's the finished product:

The shine around my nails is oil. I was a little messy with the application and my cuticles were dry so I put some vitamin E on them. I used matte polish, so they're not shiny. I tried desperately to get a nice picture with the matte finish, but it seemed like I kept getting one or the other. Here's a semi-decent picture of the matteness of it all.

This pic was taken before I cleaned up around my nails. I'll care a little bit more next time and clean them up before I take the pics!

Sidenote: I said this before, but I really need a new camera.


This mani is not built to last. Matte polishes last an average of a few days (at most) on anybody, so when this chips (and it already has) I won't feel so bad about myself. This is a fun mani and it might even be a bit much for a lot of people. The matte calms it down and it gives you an excuse to repolish your nails after two or three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment