Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Manicure Mystery

Okay, so I'm confused. I got a manicure (and pedicure, whoop!) Friday, and the manicurist broke all of the "rules". She used the NailTek Foundation as a base coat (not a rules violation, I'm just saying). Then, she did 2 kinda thick coats and a top coat. I didn't take my polish with me since I randomly went after a trip to the gym, so I used a really cheap polish they had at the salon. I can't even remember the name of the brand, but I think it's called Dante. The manicure lasted on most of my nails until Tuesday/Wednesday!! That might not seem like a long time, but with my manicure history that's like a year. Two nails on my left hand are still fully covered. My pointers got destroyed Monday afternoon because I was unsticking tape from the floor.

I'm wondering what it is that I'm doing wrong/what she did right to keep that manicure going. I wonder if it's the fact that I held one hand in front of the fan while she worked on the other. Maybe that dries the polish enough to avoid the dreaded bubbles in the polish. I'm going to try it at home and see. I'll let you know.

I couldn't really take pictures because of my camera situation (I have some on my cell phone, but they're not good), so you'll have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment